The Armory Show, taking place September 9-11, 2022 with a VIP Preview on September 8 at the Javits Center in New York City, is seeking enthusiastic candidates for full-time, temporary positions, leading up to and during the fair.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Communications Administrative Support:
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Communications and Programming, as well as the outside PR firm.
- Manage the press inbox and respond to media queries - Manage, update, and distribute press materials, including making press image caption sheets for all gallery press images submissions
- Execute the processing of press and media accreditation.
- Assist in managing social media accounts with the external PR firm.
- Liaise with galleries for press materials and media requests.
- Assist in producing newsletters, website text, and copy-editing outgoing communications
- Assist in planning press events including the organizing of press materials, guest list, etc., and being on-site for the event
- Maintain press database and update contacts
- Operate the on-site Press Desk, maintaining an organized space and a professional demeanor
- Liaise directly with press to check in, answer questions, and provide assistance throughout the run of show
- Assist PR team in processing on-site requests at the desk including press packs, press accreditation, Wi-Fi information, and accessing image galleries
The Communications Assistant will work closely with the Director of Communications and Programming. Required skills include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of the art world and press contacts within the industry
- Prior experience in a marketing or communications role with an arts-related company is desirable
- Proficiency with various social media tools such as Figma, Hootsuite, and Mailchimp is a plus.
This role offers a diverse set of responsibilities and valuable insights into the inner workings of one of the world’s largest and most prominent international art fairs. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with most media partners to track advertising and partnership deliverables, coordinate and track all advertising flights, and help with reporting and measurements.
- Help design digital and small print collaterals and report to the creative director and the marketing department
- Develop some marketing emailers using MailChimp and supplemental CMS updates for the website
- Help with coordinating vendors
- Assist with social media campaigns and the implementation of new online initiatives in conjunction with the Communications Department
- Assist with weekly ticketing and sales reports • Assist with material distribution at the fair and other marketing-related duties on-site
- Perform administrative tasks as needed, including managing general inbox and calls
- Assist with on-site signage production and installation by coordinating with graphic designers, printers, and various fair departments to produce, deliver, and coordinate the installation of all signage; serve as
point-person for on-site signage queries
- Assist in collating marketing analytics and reports
We are looking for a dedicated individual who can learn quickly and is curious and very enthusiastic about the job. This position will coordinate with several other departments, and it is key that the marketing Assistant is a team player who is able to multi-task. The Marketing Assistant will work directly with the Marketing Director to assist with key marketing initiatives and production projects. Applicants must be responsible, punctual, tolerant of stress, have spectacular attention to detail, and have good interpersonal skills and presentation.
Required skills include:
- Strong proofreading abilities and attention to detail
- Event planning and production experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related subject
- Knowledge of MailChimp
- Knowledge in digital marketing particularly in social media advertising
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Good command of the Adobe Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign a plus